18 live and on-demand sessions
Networking & social program
Up to 12.25 CPD hours
Your immersive virtual experience
Our National Conference 2020 gives you unparalleled access to:
- the global leaders in governance and risk management
- a new breadth of insights
- a packed two-day program — beamed to you live and on-demand
- a new interactive platform to network and engage.
2020 is an extraordinary year in which geopolitics, a pandemic, social unrest and impending economic recession have become a perfect storm. As a director or senior manager, you must now lead your organisation into recovery in this volatile global ecosystem. You need to navigate this continuing uncertainty with clarity, vision, impeccable governance and innovative short and long-term strategy – and we have lined up a star cast of expert speakers to assist.
The two-day program is rich with national and global perspectives on how you as a business leader must:
- Strike a delicate balance between short and long-term tactics, risk, opportunity and innovation, stability and agility, known and unknown, internal and external uncertainty.
- Build trust and authenticity to drive intelligent, adaptive and forward-thinking strategy that engages the interest of all stakeholders
- Lead planning that is intuitive, imaginative and innovative to best prepare for a sustainable and value rich tomorrow.
Leadership. Trust. Foresight
Boards and management must lead their organisations through a historic re-setting of the global socio-economic frame. We look at how they can navigate uncertainty with clear vision, deep trust and adaptive strategy. We explore how they can strike the balance in the short and long-term between risk and opportunity, innovation and growth, stability and agility, known and unknown, internal and external environments.
We are proud to present a stellar line-up of expert speakers from across Australia and overseas.
Michael Chaney AO
Chairman, Wesfarmers Limited
Managing Director Investment Stewardship, Blackrock (USA)
Dr. Klaus Moosmayer
Member, Executive Committee, Chief Ethics, Risk and Compliance Officer, Novartis AG (Switzerland)
Diane Smith-Gander AO FGIA
Non-executive Director, Wesfarmers and AGL
Hear from a past speaker and attendee
“2019 was a big year in corporate governance and Conference 2019 hit the mark. Two days of outstanding speakers addressed the key issues facing boards and governance professionals. As a panel chair, I personally saw how carefully Governance Institute works to select the right topics and speakers and then refine each person’s brief to ensure they can be relevant and interesting. The energetic discussions continued into the networking sessions which were also great fun. I am quite sure that Conference 2020 will be as up-to-date, informative and fun.”
Deidre Willmott, Non-executive Director, Australia Post